Mike Tindall accused of 'blatant cheating' during Bush Tucker Trial
Mike Tindall was accused of cheating in the Partners in Grime Bush Tucker Trial during Saturday night’s episode of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
The Mrs and Mrs-style game saw the campmates team up in pairs Tindall matched with his ‘Jungle Wife’, Coronation Street actress Sue Cleaver.
Sue was tasked with guessing Mike’s nickname during his rugby career – with the soap star naming him as Magic Mike – which Tindall went on to match with his answer.
However, Tindall revealed prior to giving his answer that his campmate wouldn’t have known his actual nickname so answered with his new nickname.
Some viewers saw this as ‘blatant cheating’.
He was frequently known as The Fridge during his rugby career due to his physical bulk
One person wrote: ‘Mike Tindall’s nickname is actually The Fridge not Magic Mike #Imaceleb2022 #ImACelebrityGetMeOutOfHere.’
‘Mike Tindall told a bit lie, his nickname when playing Rugby wasn’t Magic Mike, it was the FRIDGE – Someone told him what Sue said.’ a second commented.
Another person wrote: ‘Mike Tindall was never called Magic Mike when he played rugby he literally said she would never know and used the name that he knew she would guess as they have been calling him it the last 2 weeks mikes smart!’
• Tindall is married to Zara Phillips, the daughter of Anne, Princess Royal, and the eldest granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
• He is regarded as one of the best players to never wear the Lions jersey, However, he did play against them as part of a Barbarians XV in 2013.
• Tindall, whose nose was famously broken at least eight times during his rugby career, underwent a surgery in 2018 which fixed the fractures.
• Mike’s sometimes nickname is “The Fridge” due to his sizeable 6ft 2inch bulk.
• Every year since 2013, Mike has hosted an event called ISPS HANDA Mike Tindall Celebrity Golf Classic, where several celebrities come together to raise money and awareness for disability groups and in aid of curing Parkinson’s disease
Rugby has never been the highest paying sport, but a number of players have still gone on to make millions!
Net worths of the richest Rugby Players have been calculated and taken from https://www.celebritynetworth.com/
Despite his early exit from Toronto, the two-time Rugby World Cup winner still finds himself on the list. Starring in multiple sports; rugby league, rugby union and boxing, Williams has been in demand and has made good money down the years from numerous huge contracts.
• His actual full name is Sonny William Williams
• Williams’s younger sister, Niall, is a New Zealand former international touch football captain and current New Zealand rugby sevens player
• He was only the second person to represent New Zealand in rugby union after first playing for the country in rugby league
• Williams is one of only 21 players to have won the Rugby World Cup twice
• He onverted to Islam in 2009, while in France playing for Toulon