Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City: Match Thread and How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur’s chances for making the top four and securing Champions League has taken a hit the last two matches, but the Lilywhites still control their own destiny with five matches to go. This week’s challenge are Leicester City, who were the victims of some insane late match heroics by one Steven Bergwijn just a few months ago.
The Foxes are still in Europa Conference League as they settled for a 1-1 draw against AS Roma and former Spurs manager Jose Mourinho. It is entirely possible they rotate for this match, considering they played a near full-strength squad just three days ago. That would certainly benefit Spurs, who sit two points behind Arsenal and can go above them to put pressure on the Gunners. The arch rivals play West Ham right after, another team still in Europe and will almost certainly rotate given they are pushing for the Europa League crown. If the two sides hold serve, we’re one step closer from that North London Derby being one of the biggest matches of the season.
But first, let’s take care of business today and get back on track.
TV: None. No, really.
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
• Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
• We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
• Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
• Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
• Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.