Victor Osimhen speaks out on potential Man Utd transfer this summer
Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is refusing to rule out a potential move to Manchester United this summer.
The 24-year-old has been in sublime form for the Serie A leaders this season, scoring 23 goals in 28 appearances so far.
The Nigeria international continued his excellent run in front of goal on Wednesday evening as he scored twice in Napoli’s 3-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt which secured their place in the Champions League quarter final.
United, meanwhile, have made the signing of a new striker one of their top priorities this summer and it’s understood Osimhen is high on their shortlist alongside Harry Kane.
When asked specifically about United’s interest, Osimhen told Sport1: ‘I don’t know what the future holds. I think I’m on the right track.
‘At the end of the season, I will sit down with my agents and discuss everything.
‘I will also be in talks with the club. I am incredibly grateful to Napoli. We will find a good solution together.’
Napoli, however, remain in a strong negotiating position as he still has over two years remaining on his current contract.
It’s understood that Napoli, who are 18 points clear at the top of Serie A, will demand in excess of €100 million (£88m) for Osimhen this summer.
Speaking before Napoli’s win over Frankfurt in the Champions League, Napoli’s sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli inisisted that discussions over Osimhen’s future will not take place until the season is finished.
‘There are other priorities now, the three of them [Osimhen, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia and Kim Min-jae] are boys who they still have many years of contract. There is no need to talk,’ Giuntoli said.
‘But we will deepen the discussions in the summer.
‘Football is made up of motivations, we are Napoli. We were sure we could create a strong team and the same thing will happen in the future as well.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.