‘Warzone 2’ Is Now Live: Here’s What’s New
Post updated at 10 am PT. See update below.
Warzone 2 is just around the corner. We’re just hours away from the launch of the highly-anticipated Call Of Duty Battle Royale.
The follow-up to 2020’s Warzone launches alongside Season 1 of Modern Warfare II. Just like Warzone was integrated into Modern Warfare 2019, these two games will share a launcher, Battle Pass, weapons, Operators, progression and more.
The free-to-play Warzone 2 is also cross-play and cross-progression across PC, Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Content from Modern Warfare 2019, Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard and the original Warzone, however, will not carry over to Warzone 2. This is a ‘hard reset’ with all progression starting over (though whatever progress you’ve made in Modern Warfare II will transfer to Warzone 2).
The game is set to launch at the following times on Wednesday, November 16th:
You can preload the game now (see where and how, plus file size right here) though further updates to both Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare II may come down the pipeline before launch.
I’m crossing my fingers that Warzone 2’s launch goes smoother than Modern Warfare II’s, which released with too many bugs to count. I was unable to join any matches with my friends on launch evening thanks to the game crashing every time I tried. Weirdly, I could play just fine with randoms.
Still, Modern Warfare II’s actual gunplay is excellent, and I’m excited to see that translated to the massive Al Mazrah Battle Royale map. There’s a lot of new content coming to the game, including the PvEvP DMZ exfil mode, new Buy Stations, bot Strongholds, 2v2 Gulag battles and much more to look forward to.
Modern Warfare II’s first season will also launch at the same time, bringing with it new maps, modes, Operators and a shared Battle Pass with Warzone 2. A Season 1 Reloaded release is planned for December 14th with even more content, including Co-Op Raids.
Warzone 2 is now live and players can drop into the new Al Mazrah map, purchase a Season 1 Battle Pass (shared with Modern Warfare II) and go crazy with new features including:
• New Map: Al Mazrah: Use 18 major points of interest to plot out your victory in Battle Royale or explore them en route to extraction in the brand-new DMZ experience.
• DMZ: DMZ is an open-world, narrative-focused extraction mode where Operators have free rein to complete faction-based missions, take on additional side objectives, engage with enemy Operators or AI combatants, and search for valuable items, all while fighting to survive toward exfiltration.
• Custom Loadouts are Back: Players will have quicker access to their Loadout’s primary benefit: The Primary Weapon.
• New Backpack System: Fully integrated for DMZ and streamlined for Battle Royale modes.
• New Gulag: The Gulag will be a 2v2 environment where randomly paired Duos must coordinate to take down their opposition. It will also include a Jailer, who will appear in the middle of the match to help speed up combat.
• Third-Person Playlists Coming In-Season to Warzone 2.0: For the first time in Warzone history, we welcome fans of third-person Battle Royale action during Season 01..
See you in the Warzone!